NASHVILLE, Tenn. (June 27, 2014) — The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Nashville District is reminding all boaters that the operating hours at Old Hickory Lock on Independence Day is from 6 a.m. July 4 till 2 a.m. July 5.
Boaters wishing to lock through Old Hickory Lock should contact the lock master via radio on channels 13, 14 or 16, or call 615-847-3281 when approaching the project.
Old Hickory Lock is open 20 hours daily and is only closed from 2 to 6 a.m., seven days a week. No lockage of a vessel can begin if completion of the lockage will extend beyond the normal hours of operation. This means the latest that boats will be allowed into the lock chamber is 1:30 a.m. Commercial barge vessels have priority over recreational vessels and will be locked first.
As a courtesy, here is a list of boat ramps available to recreational boaters that prefer to use boat ramps downstream of Old Hickory Dam:
Boat Ramps in Davidson County below Old Hickory Dam
· Left Bank Recreation Area (1250 Cinder Rd., Old Hickory, TN 37138)
· E.N. Peeler Park (2043 Neeley's Bend Rd., Madison, TN 37115)
· Stones River Access (3135 Heartland Drive, Nashville, TN 37214)
· Lock 2 Park (2650 Lock 2 Rd., Nashville, TN 37214)
· Shelby Park (401 South 20th Street, Nashville, TN, 37206)
· Cleeces Ferry Left Bank Access Area (1001 Cleeces Ferry Rd., Nashville, TN 37209)
· Cleeces Ferry Right Bank Access Area (3801 Old Hickory Blvd. Nashville, TN 37218)
For more information about the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Nashville District, visit the district’s website at www.lrn.usace.army.mil
, on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/nashvillecorps
or Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/nashvillecorps
. Old Hickory Lake is also on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/oldhickorylake