Center Hill historical marker dedicated
Tennessee State Rep. Terri Lynn Weaver, District 40, speaks at a historical marker dedication ceremony at Center Hill Dam Oct. 27, 2015. Center Hill Dam is located on the Caney Fork River and is one of the multipurpose projects that make up the Corps of Engineers’ system for development of the water resources of the Cumberland River Basin. The dam and Lake was authorized by the Flood Control Act of 1938 and the River and Harbor Act of 1946. The project was completed for flood control in 1948. Three power generating units provide a total hydroelectric capability of 135,000 kilowatts.