Join Us on an Old Hickory Lock and Dam Tour
(CURRENT UPDATE: We are not currently conducting Tours of Old Hickory Lock and Dam due to ongoing construction at Old Hickory Powerhouse. Please check back with Old Hickory Lake Resource Office at a later date.)
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers at Old Hickory Lake offers free guided tours of the Old Hickory Navigation Lock and Hydroelectric Dam.
Approximately one and a half hours in length, the tours are scheduled to begin at the navigation lock, Old Hickory, Tenn. After guest check-in and a brief introduction, Corps of Engineers personnel will provide registered participants an up-close look at the navigation lock and powerhouse facilities.
All guests including minors are required to submit a request form at least eight business days prior to the tour.
Summer Tour, Tour Request Forms
You can receive a Tour Request Form by calling the Resource Manager's Office at (615) 822-4846 or 847-2395. These forms must be completed and returned a week and a half (8 business days) prior to the date of the tour in order to be accepted.
Once completed, please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or return the form to:
Resource Manager's Office
5 Power Plant Road
Hendersonville, TN 37075
PRIVACY ACT STATEMENT
Information is solicited in accordance with Title 10, US Code Section 552 and is used to provide information necessary in preparation for a scheduled tour of the facility and to verify positive identification of visitor. Solicited information is voluntary; however, failure to provide information may result in denied visitor access. The information provided to the Corps will not be retained digitally or by hard copy after the scheduled tour date.
Tour Details and Rules
Old Hickory Navigational Lock and Dam tour is located at:
1188 Cinder Road
Old Hickory, TN 37138
We ask all registered guests to arrive at the lock parking area at least 15 minutes prior to the tour time for check in. For directions please contact the Old Hickory Lake Resource Manager’s Office at (615) 822-4846.
- ADA accessibility is limited to the lock portion of the tour. Modified tours may be granted to those with limited mobility upon request. However, this must be stated on the tour request form. If not stated, it is assumed that walking and stair climbing is not an issue.
- Tour size is limited and is on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Only visitors with approval and confirmation will be permitted on the tour. No substitutions or additions are allowed.
- All participants over 16 years of age must provide photo identification upon arrival for the tour.
- All children ages 16 and under must be accompanied by a parent, guardian, or responsible adult during the tour.
- Visitors may not carry packages, backpacks, or other containers during the tour.
- Photographs and video recording is strictly prohibited.
- No high-heel, open heel shoes, including clogs and Crocs or bare feet will be allowed on a tour. Tennis shoes are recommended.
- Any increase in threat conditions can result in approved tours being cancelled with little advance notice. We regret any inconvenience this may cause.
History of Old Hickory Lake
Flip through images that tell the story of Old Hickory Lake's creation by clicking on this history link.