Special Event Permits (.pdf application) are necessary for certain activities held on project lands and waters.  The types of events that require a permit are those that:

  • affect the full and free use by the public of the public lands and waters on which the event is being held,
  • require the exclusive use of any portion of specific areas, 

  • involve 50 or more people (some events with fewer people still may require a permit if one of the other two conditions are met)

Fees are required for some Special Events and are based on the number of participants, direct or indirect involvement of Corps’ personnel, and other factors.  For more information contact the Resource Manager’s Office at (615) 889-1975.  

Events requiring marine activities must also obtain approval from the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency. You can obtain the TWRA permit application by clicking here.

Fish Attractors

A permit (PDF format) is required for individuals to place fish attractors in J. Percy Priest Lake, and information is available regarding placement, approved materials, and locations for attractors.  Please contact the Resource Manager's Office at 615-889-1975 with any questions regarding the fish attractor permit process.