18 inch Smallmouth Bass caught on Center Hill LakeRiver Status

Check out Nashville District's mobile website “River Status” that gives anyone with a smart device and Internet access an ability to view real-time water information within the Cumberland River watershed. Click here to see the news release.

You can also find more information on how the Corps works to sustain the Cumberland River by visiting the Nashville District's Water Management page.



TVA's Generation Schedule

For the most up to date information on generation releases and lake levels, please visit: TVA's Lake Information or call 1-800-238-2264, press 4, then 37, then press the # key.

Please note!  Water release schedules often change without notice due to unanticipated changes in weather conditions and power system requirements.

Use caution near dams. A large amount of water may be discharged without warning at any time. Your safety depends on obeying all posted safety regulations and warnings.

Check out TVA's mobile app here:


Fishing Regulations

Center Hill Lake and the Caney Fork River downstream of the Center Hill Dam are very popular areas for fishing.  Due to the cooler water temperatures released from the dam, the Caney Fork has become one of the most productive trout fisheries in the state.  The river is easily accessed from Interstate 40 at access areas such as Buffalo Valley, Long Branch, Happy Hollow, and Betty’s Island, all of which are located within ten minutes of I-40, exit 268 (Buffalo Valley Exit). Other trout streams in the area such as Pine Creek and Sink Creek are stocked by the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency (TWRA) regularly.  Click here for TWRA's trout stockings & information.  

Many anglers travel long distances, even from out-of state, to experience the exceptional crappie, bass, and walleye fishing on Center Hill Lake.  If you are planning a fishing outing to Center Hill Lake, you will be able to readily find accommodations at one of the five primitive camping areas, three developed campgrounds, or nine commercial marinas located on the lake.  Other accommodations can be found at one of the two state parks or many of the local motels or bed & breakfasts.  Tennessee state fishing licenses are required for most individuals prior to fishing on Corps of Engineers waters.  Licenses may be purchased at County Clerk's offices, marinas and many other commercial establishments in the area.



For further information on Tennessee fishing regulations, visit:

Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency
218 Genesis Road
Crossville, TN 38555
(1-800-262-6704) (