Frequently Asked Questions

Collapse All Expand All
 How can an employee provide employment verification?
Answer:  Employment verifications are now retrieved by the employee through My Biz.  If you go there are documents and information for Employment Verification as well as a link for My Biz.  Beginning Nov 1, 2010, the Department of Defense replaced 'The Work Number' for employment and salary verification and replaced it with a Self Service salary and employment tool. You can paste the following link in your browser:  and follow the instructions to access the Employment Verification Tool.
 How can I obtain a Recreation Use Fee Waiver for Military?

Waiver for Active Service Military Personnel and DoD Civilians in Support of Overseas Contingency Operations (OCO):  Day use and camping fees will be waived for active service military personnel and DoD civilians who are on mid- or post-deployment (reintegration) leave from duty in a hostile fire zone to include Operation Enduring Freedom, Operation Iraqi Freedom, and other deployments to support the Overseas Contingency Operations (OCO).  Active service military personnel and DoD civilians on leave will be required to show identification and leave orders/forms upon arrival to the recreation sites to obtain the waiver. The waiver will also apply to all immediate family members accompanying them on their visit.

The waiver will be applied to day use and camping fees. Fees will be waived on a walk-up and space available basis, as well as for reservations made through the National Recreation Reservation Service call center at: 1-877-444-6777.

However, fees will not be waived for on-line reservations made through   This info is from:
 How can I obtain a U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Annual Pass?
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Annual Passes cost $40 and may be obtained in person at U.S. Army Corps of Engineers facilities.  Pass holders receive free entrance to U.S. Army Corps of Engineers-operated sites that charge day use fees. The pass may not be used at areas operated by other agencies even if those areas may be located on Corps-owned property. Camping fees are not included.  Pass valid for one year. Valid through month and year shown on the pass.  Sold only at U.S. Army Corps of Engineers’ projects.
 How can I obtain an America the Beautiful pass?

Answer: America The Beautiful (ATB) passes can be ordered online at or by calling 1-888-275-8747 and pressing 1: ATB Annual Passes, ATB-Lifetime Senior Passes, ATB-Annual Senior Passes, and ATB-Access Passes.  All America the Beautiful Passes may be obtained in person at U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, USDA Forest Service, National Park Service, Bureau of Reclamation, Bureau of Land Management and Fish and Wildlife Service facilities. 


 How do I make a Freedom of Information Act request?
Please visit our FOIA Requests page for more information and to use our contact form to make a FOIA request.
 I'm a contractor.  Where can I get more information about the Construction Quality Management (CQM) for Contractors class?
You can get information about Construction Quality Management (CQM) for Contractors class and how to sign up for it at our CQM for Contractors page.
 Is there any way to purchase a gift certificate that would work at any campground?

Answer: The short answer is no.  However, one way of possibly doing something similar to a gift certificate for camping would be to know when the person you would like to gift is going camping and make the reservation through the National Recreation Reservation Service (NRRS).  The website is or by phone at 1-877-444-6777.

 Where can I get more information about how the Nashville District manages the Cumberland River?
Please visit our Water Management Education Series page for information, photos and videos about the Nashville District's water management on the Cumberland River and its tributaries.