Center Hill Lake Open House Tours
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is offering the public free guided tours of the Center Hill Dam.
The tours in 2014 are scheduled Saturday, July 19, Aug. 16, and Sept. 6; with tour times at 10 a.m., 11 a.m., and 12 noon. Tour size is limited and is on a first-come, first-serve basis. All guests including minors are required to submit a request form at least fourteen days prior to the tour and receive confirmation from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Nashville District.
Approximately 45 minutes in length, the tour begins at the Center Hill Power Plant reception area. After guest check-in and a brief introduction, Corps of Engineers personnel will provide registered participants an up-close look at the dam and power plant facilities.
In addition to the guided tours of the power plant, Corps Park Rangers will be available at the Power Plant to answer questions and conduct a brief presentation on the many benefits that Center Hill Lake provides. Linda Adcock, Project Manager for the Center Hill Dam Seepage Rehabilitation Project, will also be providing an update during the tour on the progress of construction.
Tour Request Form
Click here for a copy of the tour registration form, or call (931) 858-3125 to request one. Once completed, return the form to 158 Resource Lane, Lancaster, TN 38569; or email the completed form to email@example.com.
PRIVACY ACT STATEMENT
Information is solicited in accordance with Title 10, US Code Section 552 and is used to provide information necessary in preparation for a scheduled tour of the facility and to verify positive identification of visitor. Solicited information is voluntary; however, failure to provide information may result in denied visitor access. The information provided to the Corps will not be retained digitally or by hard copy after the scheduled tour date.
Tour Details and Rules
Center Hill Power Plant is located at:
270 Lancaster Road
Lancaster, TN 38569
We ask all registered guests to arrive at Center Hill Power Plant reception area at least 15 minutes prior to the tour time for check in. For directions please contact the Center Hill Lake Resource Manager’s Office at (931) 858-3125.
· All tours are ADA accessible.
· Only visitors with approval and confirmation will be permitted on the tour. No substitutions or additions are allowed.
· All participants over 16 years of age must provide photo identification upon arrival for the tour.
· All children ages 16 and under must be accompanied by a parent, guardian, or responsible adult during the tour.
· Visitors may not carry packages, backpacks, or other containers during the tour.
· Photographs and video recording is strictly prohibited.
· No high-heel, open heel shoes, including clogs and Crocs or bare feet will be allowed on a tour. Tennis shoes are recommended.
· Any increase in threat conditions can result in approved tours being cancelled with little advance notice. We regret any inconvenience this may cause.