Home > About > FAQ

Frequently Asked Questions

Collapse All Expand All
Answer:  Employment verifications are now retrieved by the employee through My Biz.  If you go http://cpol.army.mil/library/benefits/2013-EV.html there are documents and information for Employment Verification as well as a link for My Biz.  Beginning Nov 1, 2010, the Department of Defense replaced 'The Work Number' for employment and salary verification and replaced it with a Self Service salary and employment tool. You can paste the following link in your browser: https://compo.dcpds.cpms.osd.mil/  and follow the instructions to access the Employment Verification Tool.

Waiver for Active Service Military Personnel and DoD Civilians in Support of Overseas Contingency Operations (OCO):  Day use and camping fees will be waived for active service military personnel and DoD civilians who are on mid- or post-deployment (reintegration) leave from duty in a hostile fire zone to include Operation Enduring Freedom, Operation Iraqi Freedom, and other deployments to support the Overseas Contingency Operations (OCO).  Active service military personnel and DoD civilians on leave will be required to show identification and leave orders/forms upon arrival to the recreation sites to obtain the waiver. The waiver will also apply to all immediate family members accompanying them on their visit.

The waiver will be applied to day use and camping fees. Fees will be waived on a walk-up and space available basis, as well as for reservations made through the National Recreation Reservation Service call center at: 1-877-444-6777.

However, fees will not be waived for on-line reservations made through www.recreation.gov.   This info is from: http://corpslakes.usace.army.mil/employees/usefees/waiver.cfm

Answer: The Corps of Engineers honors two of the four America the Beautiful – National Parks and Federal Recreation Lands passes:         

- Senior Pass for citizens and permanent residents age 62 and over

- Access Pass for citizens or permanent residents with an established permanent medical disability

The passes give a 50 percent reduction in day use and camping fees to pass holders.  For those that have them from the previous program, we still honor the Golden Age and Golden Access passes.  For more info or to find a location to obtain a pass go to http://store.usgs.gov/pass/index.html or call 1-888-275-8747 and press 1.  The passes may be obtained in person at USDA Forest Service, National Park Service, Bureau of Reclamation, Bureau of Land Management and Fish and Wildlife Service facilities.  The Corps of Engineers was not included in the Federal Lands Recreation Enhancement Act of 2004, and is not authorized to sell or issue the passes, but does accept the passes stated above.

Please visit our FOIA Requests page for more information and to use our contact form to make a FOIA request.
You can get information about Construction Quality Management (CQM) for Contractors class and how to sign up for it at our CQM for Contractors page.

Answer: The short answer is no.  However, one way of possibly doing something similar to a gift certificate for camping would be to know when the person you would like to gift is going camping and make the reservation through the National Recreation Reservation Service (NRRS).  The website is www.recreation.gov or by phone at 1-877-444-6777.

Please visit our Water Management Education Series page for information, photos and videos about the Nashville District's water management on the Cumberland River and its tributaries.